Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Random Update

I just thought I would let everyone know what we've been up to lately...

About a week ago we had some friends move about two blocks away from us. Arend and Christina moved from Thermopolis, WY. Arend was one of Joe's mission companions. They were comps for about 6 months and they served in the Thermopolis area together. That's where Arend and Christina met and after his mission they dated and got married last January. So Joe has known them for a while, and it's been fun for me to get to know them. :)

A few weeks ago my sister-in-law, Mickey, and I started walking together. It has been so much fun to get to know her better! She is seriously amazing!!!! It's been good for both of us! At first it was really hard because we were both kind of out of shape, but now we're doing pretty good! Last week we walked approximately 3 1/2-4 miles! WOOT!

Last Saturday I went to some dance tryouts for a studio here in Hyrum called Angie's Dance Academy. It was really difficult because I haven't danced very seriously for about a year. The last few weeks I worked really hard to get back into dancing shape. At the tryouts I did the best that I could, even though there were many things I just couldn't do anymore. I pulled a few muscles that really hurt. When I got home I was so exhausted and sore! The next day I could hardly move. I felt like an old lady! Haha! Yesterday the director of the studio called me and told me that I had made it!!!! Yay!!! Practice starts on June 15. I'm very excited! All of my pain and hard work payed off! :)

Joe is working hard as usual. He loves his job and is good at it! He gets pretty good exercise lifting boxes all night! He also gets some pretty good muscle too! He has amazing biceps! ;) haha! He is such a hard worker and I'm grateful for all that he does for me! He's the best and I love him! :)

Also, Happy Mother's day to all of you moms! You are all examples to me of what a mother should be and I can't wait until I can be a mother too and follow in your footsteps!

4 comments:

  1. so what will you be doing for the dance academy? thats pretty exciting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the team! We will have to come and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of us that don't do facebook very often but do check blogs thanks for updating!! I love to hear how you are doing! I'm glad everything is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the academy I'm on the "crew" which is the oldest/most experienced competition team. So we'll do a few dances at competitions...

    ReplyDelete